Post Title: Warehouse Operative
Responsible to: Ian Rivett warehouse manager
Location: ISN Europe, Long Drove Farm, Boons Drove, Ramsey Hollow
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week. Monday to Friday 8:30 – 17:30
(must be prepared to work two Saturday’s a year for stocktake)
Purpose of the Post
Taking delivery and receiving shipments, checking goods for damage, or missing items and storing warehouse goods in an organised manner.
- Ensuring that all goods that are loaded or unloaded match the relevant paperwork.
- Taking responsibility for a company’s freight and assets by reporting any suspicious activity at work
- Storing and rotating stock according to established procedures
- Reporting any damaged or missing goods to Warehouse Manager
- Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
- Following workplace health and safety rules when handling goods
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules, and schedules
- Assisting with warehouse inventory controls, which typically involves using a hand-held scanner
- always Treating merchandise with care and concern
- Physical strength, fitness, and dexterity, as they often have to lift heavy packages or work at elevated heights.
- Excellent team-working skills to effectively collaborate with other members of a warehouse team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
- Fork lift driver would be an advantage.